from September to (Mrs.) May Room Reveal 2017


It's finally done! After eight hot, sticky days spent in my classroom, I'm excited to finally share my first ever room reveal with you. I've been inspired by so many classrooms on Instagram, and hope this post offers the same to those of you still readying your room for your new batch of kiddos. I'm including links to all of the products I've used to make my classroom my new happy place. Thanks to many other teachers authors, I'm #btsreadywithtpt!

Let's start with my favorite new feature of my room...my door!


I coated the inside of my door with two layers of black chalk paint and called upon a former student's parent for help with this adorable vinyl decal. This cheap ($15 and free shipping!) and easy update to my door is a great way to welcome students into my classroom!


My first grade squad got door makeovers by Jesica, too. Want your own? Message Jesica on Instagram or Facebook by clicking the links, and tell her I sent you!


I used my own Classroom Careers set and some cute ocean cut outs to create this "You're Hired!" board. Two years ago, I said goodbye to traditional, rotating classroom jobs and I haven't looked back since! During the first few weeks of the school year, I'll carefully watch my new batch of firsties and hire them for their very own Classroom Career, a job that they'll be trained for and then hold for the entire school year. Students are matched with a career that fits their own special skills. For example, my most creative student become the class Artist, and helps other students with their art work and keeps our art center clean! For more about Classroom Careers, check out my previous post.


If you follow me on Instagram, you know that the Zen Zone was my saving grace last year. I decided to give this little space an upgrade this year using a cheap, sheer curtain to hang between two filing cabinets. I also added gorgeous (and FREE!) motivational quote posters from 3rd Grade Has It Made and this cute banner from Instruct and Inspire. Read more about how my firsties went ZEN here.

I'm excited to try out Gold Tags as a positive behavior management system this year! Read all about the Gold Tag rage here and access it on TpT here. I'm using these paint chip library card pockets to store my students' gold tags and cut yellow card stock for the tags themselves. I whipped up some simple Pinterest inspired motivational posters to complete this mini board.


I'm off to enjoy the rest of my last weekend as a stay-at-home dog mom. Stay tuned for part two of my room reveal later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Meet the Teacher Freebies Shop Contact Me Image Map Instagram Pinterest TpT Back To Top