Meet Mrs. May

Hey there, and welcome to my new blog, from September to (Mrs.) May! My name is Jenna, and I am a first grade teacher living and working in Northeast Ohio. I am thrilled to finally start blogging about my classroom experiences and TpT creations!

I am a two-time graduate of Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. I spent my first four years at the Rock earning my Bachelor of Science in Education, with a dual major in Early Childhood and Special Education and a minor in Elementary Science. Thanks to the Miss America, Miss Ohio, and Miss Clayland Scholarship Organizations, I was able to return to SRU immediately after my graduation, serving as the grand marshal graduate as I received my Master of Education specializing in K - 8 Math and Science.


Those two expensive pieces of paper, along with incredible guidance from my professors, mentors, and co-operating teachers, prepared me to lead my own classroom. I am a first grade teacher in a relatively small district in Ohio, a state where you can regularly count on indoor recess no matter what the season (too hot, too cold, too rainy, too snowy...sometimes all in the same week!). I love my district, and - more than that - I love the people I work with. My hilarious students, supportive administration, and, most of all, my squad of fellow Fab Firstie teachers remind me daily that I’m exactly where I need to be.


When I’m not in my classroom, you can find me baking, creating classroom resources, or taking long walks with my rescue pup, Kelso.


I’ve also been spending a lot of time planning a wedding! Next June, I’ll be saying, “I do” to my best friend, high school crush, and number one supporter. We are excited to be starting our lives together officially as husband and wife. Many adventures await us!


It is my hope that this blog gives my readers a window into my classroom. Ideas, activities, units, and more will all be documented here! I believe it is my duty as an educator to provide my students with engaging, cross-curricular, fun opportunities for learning. Like all teachers, I teach the standards...but I also teach my students to lead fearlessly, to speak with compassion, to treat others with respect, and to better themselves. In my classroom, we learn with our hands, our eyes, and our ears. We realize that “fair” does not always mean “equal,” and some friends need different tools to succeed. It is my hope to create resources that support these ideas, and benefit elementary teachers around the globe!


If you’re looking for affordable cross-curricular mini units, need a song to fit your lesson, or just want to giggle reading some of the “darndest things” my firsties say, you’ve come to the right place. For all the latest updates, be sure to click away to follow and subscribe.

Thanks for stopping by. I’m so happy to have you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Meet the Teacher Freebies Shop Contact Me Image Map Instagram Pinterest TpT Back To Top